Thursday, February 23, 2006

The new dawn.

Hailstones ricochet from my glass ceiling. It's -1 and I'm cold, I hate February.

"While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

Mark Twain quotes (American Humorist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)


I thought I'd include that quote just because I like it.

I feel really fed up. I've heard the news today. Isn't that a Beatles song? Well anyway everything is doom and gloom. I only popped in to warm my paws, rest my ears from the cacophonous discordant racket of ice balls crashing on my roof. Apparently the earth only needs to warm another three degrees and we will all be swimming apart from the parts of the planet where we'll all roast, a scientist gave his valued judgement that it's all too late and we may as well all drive Ferraris' 'cos anything humans can do is all too little and too late. And if the flood doesn't get you the chicken flu will, and if the poultry virus doesn't kill a quarter of the population then the huge volcano at Yellowstone park is due to erupt at sometime soon, and if you were to survive all that the "holy" crusades are beginning...Humans what can you do...?

I'm going back to my box and wait for the new dawn.

No comments: