Sunday, October 15, 2006

Homage to Halloween and not by a black cat but Ferdinand ginger cat

I, of course ignore them, the blue translucent beings - they after all largely ignore me, they never rub my ears, feed me, nor do they talk to me, not even about me, so humph to them. One did pull my tail once and I swatted him, which sent Martin -male human of the household- into convulsive fits of laughter rounded off by hiccups and a fart!

"That cat is having a pretend fight. Bonkers. Absolutely mad! "Martin said to himself.

I tried to follow as one of these beings walked through a wall but bruised my nose rather badly on the radiator. Fortunately, no one was around to witness this event. So now, I take no notice of them whatsoever.

Dolly however, stares in fascination as the old blue lady descends the stairs and walks through to the kitchen -she secretly enjoys the discomfiture of the humans of the household. Most evenings at six Dolly can be found positioned in the living room doorway watching and waiting.

Big Lil doesn't ignore them either. She bless her, wants them to feed her. So when they ignore her she shouts. She shouts at them in the front room, she shouts at them from her place on the back of the sofa. She shouts at them in the early hours of the morning.

I wonder why the blue translucent beings ignore us -mostly? I know why I do, but I wonder why Martin and Susan ignore them? Strange. Oh well, ignorance (not that I believe it) is bliss.



Ghosts are here!

Ferdinand ginger cat in pumpkin at Halloween
Ghosts are here!
Shadows on the ceiling,
footsteps on the floor
bony fingers scratching,
scraping at the door.

Ghosts are here.
Cobwebs dance in corners,
creaking treads the stair
icy voices moan, chill
whispers stir the air.

Ghosts are here.
Skeletons tap rhythms
to tunes long since played,
welcome bright morning
now the ghosts are laid.

by SJH

2 comments:

Meowers from Missouri said...

what a marvelous post an' delightful pome. an' that "wanted dead an' alive . . . " *smirk*--stupendous!!

we are pleased to know we're not the only kitties who see those folks. we has an ol' lady who is furry short, an' smokes a lot. sometimes the beans smell the smoke, and the lady next door doesn't like to come in here to feed us when the beans is gone, acause sometimes the blue lady taps her!

purrs from nels, ed, nitro, & xing lu

Ferdinand said...

Hello Pierce kitties, thank you for visiting. Really appreciate your comments. As long as the blue people are friendly I don't mind them being around, but the one that pulls my tail grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!