Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Is this the ugliest cat contest?

The black birds have built a nest in the honeysuckle bush. This morning a puff of black feathers blew across the lawn. The female bird sat on her nest and called...

I confess it wasn’t me that did that deed.

But I know who did! We have an interloper. No sooner was my back turned than another tomcat is muscling in. And no uglier cat could be imagined. I shall get a photograph of him and start a blog entitled: Is the the ugliest cat contest? He is mustard coloured with white bits, grey bits and a black blob on his hooter that looks like a jigsaw-puzzle piece. Lil chased him down to the bottom of the garden (Honestly her courting skills leave a lot to be desired. Mind you, she is only partially sighted. Probably imagines he’s a bit of hunk.)
Plus, the door to my conservatory was left open, and blow me, an old-mangy tom (a complete stranger) strolls in and without a bye or leave tucks into my dinner and buggers off!

This place is turning into an animal hostel!

1 comment:

The Lee County Clowder said...

Maybe Lil was trying to drive the interloper away. From the sound of it, that was the result in any event.

Try to forgive that other tom for snarfing your meal, Ferd. He probably needed an easy meal after a hard winter.